At INTVS we have a number of NGO programs. On these programs international volunteers work directly with the staff that runs the NGO, assisting them with their daily tasks, and at times working on a personal project which will provide added value to the NGO.
Work on these programs can vary from administrative work such as the writing of documents and translation, to being very much involved in the NGOs essential tasks.
Fund-raising, promotional events, political advocacy, communication, international cooperation, and marketing are just some of the tasks volunteers could also be directly involved with.
Good communication and time management skills are essential. Think that there is only so much a person can do in a short time frame. This is why the majority of our NGO programs require a minimum dedication of one month.
Volunteers should follow the ‘SMART’ rule: Ideas should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound.
- Chile – Internships at a local NGO in Santiago de Chile
- Vietnam – Working at a local NGO in Hanoi
- Vietnam – Working at a local NGO in Ho Chi Minh City
- Laos – Employment creation in Vang Vieng
- The Philippines – Working for an NGO in Cebu city